« Home | Ready Brek Boy » | Bad Toe Day » | We Bid a Fond Farewell » | Ukranian Eggs » | Excuses Excuses » | Happy Mothership Day » | Beach Baby » | Cherry Blossom Blues » | Had Dirt to Scratch and Eggs to Lay » | It's Only Fair »

Girls About Town



The Princess and I had a brilliant day in the smoke. We did Tate Modern, (including the Gilbert and George exhibition - but probably the least said about that the better - not exactly edifying, although some of it was interesting). Then we went to evensong at St Paul's Cathedral - much more edifying, but yet again I didn't get to see the whispering gallery, it's always closed whenever I go. Still the stairs would probably have finished me off - but maybe next time..... The Glass Menagerie was the perfect end to the day - excellent production, Jessica Lange was just so good, as were the rest of the cast.


I would just love to go up more often, but it is such a long way - we didn't get back until after 1 and being ladies of a certain age, we're going to be knackered for the rest of the weekend. I still yearn for a little apartment on the South Bank overlooking the river where we could hang out at weekends, or maybe the Barbican, I wonder how famous Tobiwan's band would need to be for him to be able to treat me to my fantasy???



Changing the subject, Spec Savers are definitely not my favourite people! I was unavoidably 15 minutes late for my appointment this morning and they refused to see me, not only that but I can't get another appointment for 2 weeks and one of my eyes is playing up really badly!! Not good service guys - seriously thinking of changing to somewhere where being incredibly successful and very busy doesn't mean that they feel they can give rubbish customer service.

I'm nodding off here, so I'm away for a kip on the sofa

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Posh Hermit
  • From Hastings, E. Sussex, United Kingdom
  • Best things in my life are God, John, The Childers, sunshine, chocolate, coffee and living by the sea
My profile